The Transport Supervisor is responsible for supervising the hauling of oversize loads on hydraulic transporters, trailers and other hauling equipment. The Transport Supervisor is responsible for assisting in loading and unloading trucks and trailers and assisting project managers with job planning. The Transport Supervisor is responsible for barge loading and unloading.
- Abailable to utilize the company’s heavy hauling equipment; supervise loads from loading location to final destination.
- Prepare heavy hauling loads for delivery. Load and unload equipment, assemble and disassemble equipment as needed.
- Oversee the care and maintenance of trucks and trailers. Ensure trucks are kept clean and free of clutter, ensure proper licensing and inspections are kept current.
- Coordinates the necessary maintenance and repairs of equipment.
- Work with Project Managers and Hydraulic Truck Coordinator on job planning, providing input on the proper hauling method and availability of equipment for each project
- Maintains all documentation for trucks and trailers, including daily log, work repair orders, inspection results and bills of lading
- Ensure prior to leaving the yard to report to a transportation job that you have everything that you need to perform the job safely and effectively in a timely manner
- Make sure that all drawings and tie down plans will work and report back to Hydraulic Truck Coordinator
- Inspect and report back any issues with the equipment to the shop or coordinator
- Responsible for assigned company truck and equipment
- Report any damages to Hydraulic Truck Coordinator, Project Manager, EMD Shop and Safety Department as soon as an incident occurs
- Ability to come up with alternative measures in performing a task if normal procedure fails
Reports toThe Transport Supervisor reports to the Operations Manager. The Transport Supervisor is a Supervisory role at Mammoet USA. Senior Truck Drivers, Truck Drivers and Transport Operator/Escorts report to the Transport Supervisor. The Transport Supervisor works closely with the Hydraulic Truck Coordinator and Project Managers.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- Knowledge of OSHA and Mammoet safety regulations
- Must be able to understand and apply established procedures and to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Workers
- Identification Credential) card
- Ability to travel internationally
- Must be able to pass Basic Safety Training through Area Safety Councils
- CDL is preferred but not required
Education & experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Mammoet T&DP requirement, as specified
About our companyMammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures. Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions. We provide the following services: • Engineered lifting and transportation services • Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions • Factory-to-foundation projects • Plant turnaround logistics • Salvage and wreck removal • Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations • Trading in new and used equipment worldwide For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world. Mammoet USA South, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment related decisions on the basis of qualification to perform the job requirements. Mammoet USA South, Inc. treats all employees and applicants equally, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and/or any other status or condition protected by law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. All candidates for employment must fully complete, date, and sign the standard Mammoet USA South, Inc. employment application form. Employment at Mammoet USA South, Inc. is on an “at will” basis.
About our region
This position is located in St. Gabriel, Louisiana 12 miles west of Baton Rouge, Louisiana on Hwy 30.
We offer an excellent benefit package for our employees such as:
- Medical/Dental insurance
- Vision Care
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Matching
- Wellness Support
- Life Insurance
St. Gabriel, LOUISIANA