Mechanic EMD [Several positions available]
The Mechanic EMD repairs and maintains diesel engines, hydraulic components, electric and other mechanical components, of various Mammoet owned equipment. Diagnoses, trouble shoot, disassembles parts, examines, reconditions or replaces broken, worn-out or defective components on equipment within the Mammoet USA organization.
- Repairs cranes, SPMTs, gantries, small engines, diesel engines, hydraulic pumps, cylinders, strand jacks, and all other equipment used in heavy hauling and heavy lifting projects.
- Services power packs, trailers and brakes to ensure equipment works at an optimal level.
- Diagnoses and/or determine and solve mechanical problems.
- Performs regular inspection on various Mammoet owned equipment.
- Recondition/replace all types of components from various Mammoet owned equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by EMD Supervisors and/or EMD Manager.
- Work according to Mammoet safety standards and regulations.
- Documents all repairs and parts replacement for equipment files.
- Assure that equipment is repaired and maintained according to Mammoet and manufacturer standard.
- Use work order numbers for every job and complete work orders before returning them to the office.
Reports toEMD Supervisor and/or EMD Manager.
Key result areas
- Interprets electrical and hydraulic schematics on any of Mammoet specialized equipment.
- Team work with other personnel within the EMD and Mammoet organization.
- Get repairs and maintenance done accurate and in a timely manner.
- Fill JSA form daily.
- Work according to Mammoet safety standard.
- Fill in time sheet and submit time sheet on the requested date and time.
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers and maintaining effective relationships
- Integrity and Trust – Keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner
- Peer Relationships – Find common ground to solve problems for the good of all, a cooperative and collaborative team member, and supportive of team members.
- Must be able to work in a standard field environment(being aware of your surroundings and operations going on around you)
- Subject to long hours in stressful environments
- Must be open to learning various types of equipment
- Must be able to receive orders and follow them through without supervision present
- Must be able to respond to visual and audible instructions
- Heavy duty work (occasionally lifting, pushing, pulling 50+ pounds)
- Exposure to Dust, Vibration, Noise
- Work in hazardous work environment- Heavy Lift Cranes, Heavy Moving Equipment
- Travel is required
Education & experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Mammoet T&DP requirements, as specified
- Previous training in pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems a plus
- Ability to operate or learn how to operate forklifts, tractors, trailers
- Basic knowledge of diesel, hydraulic or electrical mechanical repairs a plus
- Must be able to understand and apply established procedures
- Must be able to work with hand tools or power tools as required
- Must be able to determine if repairs performed are adequate to bring equipment back to functioning properly
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- Must have flexible working hours in the event of emergency call-out repairs
- Knowledge of OSHA and Mammoet safety regulations
About our companyMammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures. Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions. We provide the following services: • Engineered lifting and transportation services • Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions • Factory-to-foundation projects • Plant turnaround logistics • Salvage and wreck removal • Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations • Trading in new and used equipment worldwide For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world. Mammoet USA South, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment related decisions on the basis of qualification to perform the job requirements. Mammoet USA South, Inc. treats all employees and applicants equally, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and/or any other status or condition protected by law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. All candidates for employment must fully complete, date, and sign the standard Mammoet USA South, Inc. employment application form. Employment at Mammoet USA South, Inc. is on an “at will” basis.
About our region
This position is located in St. Gabriel, Louisiana 12 miles west of Baton Rouge, Louisiana on Hwy 30.
We offer an excellent benefit package for our employees such as:
- Medical/Dental insurance
- Vision Care
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Matching
- Wellness Support
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Professional Learning and Development Training
- Extra compensation for overseas employees
*some restrictions apply
St. Gabriel, LOUISIANA