Purchasing Coordinator - [Several positions available]
Responsible for execution, coordination and validation of operational day to day work for (sub) departments including external clients / vendors / suppliers, within the departmental standards and procedures, in order to balance workload and manage activities.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Manage, motivate and support both operational field and office employees with the provided training tools, and guidelines.
- Ensure that procedures are adhered to properly. Is the first to answer to management regarding to operational aspects of a (sub) section. Initiate proposals on improvement of procedures and standards with onboarding.
- Ensure onsite compliance with SHE-Q standards and procedures, and lead by example in regard to safety awareness.
- Provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad-hoc reports and analyses in line with the reporting requirements.
- Coordinate, execute, maintain and/or improve administrative processes and systems, in line with internal procedures.
- Ensure a range of high quality business support and development with effective planning. Deliver results to clients (internally/externally) with solutions and productive deadlines.
- Work closely with manufacturing and inventory control to maintain adequate stock levels and prevent over-supply or shortage.
- Coordinate the resolution of related invoice discrepancies with Account Payable.
- Support key stakeholders as required to expedite rush orders, following protocol.
- Takes part ownership for the inventory performance in the branch.
- Maintain all open purchase orders to ensure accuracy and expected delivery dates are kept current.
- Ensures procurement practices at the local/plant organizations are consistent with enterprise wide procurement practices in terms of execution and processes.
Reports toProcurement Manager
Key result areas
- Supporting and Cooperating
- Writing and Reporting
- Planning and Organizing
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- English, fluent proficiency verbal and written
- Good communicator
- Highly motivated
- Service Orientated
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Capable to work independently, in a team, and be able to direct a team as well
Education & experience
- Post-Secondary diploma or equivalent (Preferred)
- 3 -5 years of relevant work experience in Inventory and purchasing
- Minimum of three years’ purchasing experience
- Expert with Mechanic terminology
- Advanced MS Office, SAP and database skills
About our company
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures. Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions. We provide the following services:
- Heavy Lifting Services
- Heavy Transport Services
- Plant Turnaround / Shutdown Management
- Site-wide Construction Services
- Modular Construction
- Factory-to-Foundation / Logistics
- Emergency response & Wreck removal
- Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
- Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world. Mammoet USA South, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment related decisions on the basis of qualification to perform the job requirements. Mammoet USA South, Inc. treats all employees and applicants equally, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and/or any other status or condition protected by law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. All candidates for employment must fully complete, date, and sign the standard Mammoet USA South, Inc. employment application form. Employment at Mammoet USA South, Inc. is on an “at will” basis.
About our region
This position is located in Rosharon, TX, approximately 30 miles southwest of downtown Houston on Hwy 288.
We offer an excellent benefit package for our employees such as:
- Medical/Dental insurance
- Vision Care
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Matching
- Wellness Support
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation/Sick)
- Professional Learning and Development Training
- Extra compensation for overseas employees