All Terrain (AT) Crane Operator
Our Operators are responsible for supervising the hauling of oversize loads on hydraulic transporters, trailers and other hauling equipment.
- Our Crane Operators operates crane equipment for project set-ups and execution
- Controls crane movements in response to hand signals or radio commands by supervisors or helper.
- Loads and unloads materials onto and from trucks or trailers according to project plan specifications
- Oversees the care and maintenance of crane equipment.
- Ensures proper licensing and inspections are kept current and coordinates the necessary maintenance and repairs of equipment with the Maintenance Dept.
Crane Operator reports to the Operations Manager, Branch Manager, or Crane Department Manager.
The Operator is not a supervisory role at Mammoet USA.
Key result areas
- Keep daily records of activity
- Be able to respond quickly and safely to request
- Make sure that certifications are kept current and valid to perform jobs
- Maintain a professional atmosphere at all times while performing a task
- The safe and effective utilization of crane equipment
- That all crane equipment is maintained in proper working order.
- That the required care and maintenance is accomplished on crane equipment.
- Must be able to work in a standard field environment (being aware of your surroundings and operations going on around you).
- Subject to long hours in stressful environments
- Must have basic knowledge of rigging and lifting
- Must be able to receive orders and follow them though without supervision present
- Must be able to respond to visual and audible instructions
- Heavy duty work (lifting, pushing, pulling 50 pounds)
- Exposure to Dust, Vibration, Noise
- Travel may be required.
Education & experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 - 3 years in Heavy Lift Industry
- Current Commercial Driver License
- Safety Training and Certification (NCCCO w/ LBC / large hydraulics)
- Valid DOT Medical Evaluation Card
- Basic knowledge of schematics and basic repairs
About our company
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures. Our services are focused on the petrochemical and mining industries, civil engineering, power generation and offshore projects. The logistic challenges in these industries are growing daily. Factors such as remote locations, harsh climates and a strong emphasis on the environment are constantly driving us towards smarter and safer solutions. We provide the following services:
- Engineered lifting and transportation services
- Lifting, transportation and installation of modular constructions
- Factory-to-foundation projects
- Plant turnaround logistics
- Salvage and wreck removal
- Decommissioning of onshore and offshore installations
- Trading in new and used equipment worldwide
For over two hundred years, we’ve been known for the unique capability of our state-of-the-art equipment. But it’s the trust of our clients that has brought us where we are today. Their confidence inspires 5,000 Mammoet professionals to give it their all each day and truly make a difference in projects all over the world.
Mammoet USA South, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment related decisions on the basis of qualification to perform the job requirements. Mammoet USA South, Inc. treats all employees and applicants equally, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic information, and/or any other status or condition protected by law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. All candidates for employment must fully complete, date, and sign the standard Mammoet USA South, Inc. employment application form. Employment at Mammoet USA South, Inc. is on an “at will” basis.
About our region
These positions are based our of Louisiana at our St. Gabriel and Westlake locations.
Health Insurance - Medical/Dental Basic Life Insurance 10 PaId Holidays Sick Pay 401 (K) Matching Short Term Disability Long Term Disability Learning and Development for Career Planning *Tuition Reimbursement
* Restrictions apply.
St. Gabriel, LA