Mammoet is an authority on the design and development of offshore load-out and load-in systems for a wide range of modules, platforms, and jackets. Our specialized service allows items to be transported hundreds of meters to the load-out quay, allowing several modules to be built at the fabrication facility without impeding access to the quay, and in addition enabling multiple load-outs to be executed from a single load-out point.
Load-in and load-out by SPMT
Mammoet maintains a fleet of SPMTs that are available in 4 or 6 axle variants and can be operated independently or assembled into any combination. Individual transporters can be hydraulically and electronically linked to provide a support platform matched to the characteristics of the load and the route.
- 360˚ computer-controlled steering capability of SPMTs provides a wide choice of build positions
- Trailer configurations are designed to meet the specific parameters and constraints of each project
- Low ground bearing pressures minimize the need for site preparation or strengthening
- High capacity ballast systems with manifold and integrated pipework can perform ballasting operations of up to 60,000t per hour
Load-in and load-out by strand jacks
Where there is an existing skidway, we can help minimize costs by providing the strand jacking equipment required to pull the modules for the load-out.
Strand jacks provide a cost-effective lifting and pulling solution for the load-out of offshore jackets, platforms, and modules. Using Mammoet's diesel-driven power packs, they facilitate load-outs of up to 50m per hour. Our strand jacks range from 15t to 1,045t pulling capacity per unit.
Load-in and load-out by skidding
Mammoet was the first company to design, develop and operate the hydraulic compensated skid shoe system. It enables us to undertake skidding when there is no existing skid track available.
Our new generation control system reduces risk. With stroke and pressure control, as well as variable skidding speeds, speed acceleration and deceleration is reduced during start-up and stopping of the movement.
- Equipment includes hydraulic skid shoes with stainless steel bases that move over low-friction blocks laid into steel skid tracks
- Customer flexibility with systems ranging from 25t to 1,250t
- Multiple skid shoes can be combined to create the most suitable solutions and perform skid load-outs in excess of 20,000t